The Vacation Care Program is open to all primary school aged children in the Surry Hills area and surrounding suburbs. It runs each day of the School Holidays from 7:30am to 6:00pm. Fees are shown below. Program details are available prior to the end of each school term by contacting the Co-ordinator of Crown Street OOSH (details below).
Held on the grounds of Crown Street Public School, 356 Crown Street Surry Hills
Bookings and Enquiries
Contact : Phone
Excursions: Parents must complete the application form, also available at the SHNC Office, and must give written permission for each excursion.
During the holiday period, the vacation care centre will open at 7:30am and close at 6pm. Parents should ensure that children arrive at the centre no later than 9:00am to avoid missing excursions
All staff members attend excursions so there will be no care available for late arrivals.
For children collected after 6pm, late fees will be strictly enforced at $15 for every 15 minutes or part thereof.
The Surry Hills Neighbourhood Centre (SHNC) endeavours to provide children with a varied and stimulating program of activities with economy in mind.
Fees are $40/day, excursions are extra.
An initial, one-off, administration fee of $25/family is payable, to enrol in Vacation Care.
Payments by EFT, cash or cheque payable to Surry Hills Neighbourhood Centre prior to the commencement of Vacation Care. If paying by EFT, bank account details are as follows:
- Account Name: Surry Hills Neighbourhood Centre
- BSB: 062258
- Account No: 00901833
- Payment Reference: "VC" + name of parent/child
All Australian resident families are entitled to reduced fees through the Child Care Benefit scheme. For further information contact Family Assistance Office on 13 61 50. (Our Service No. is 555 010 887T and 407 103 393B)
- Payment must be made in advance
- Book early and pay in advance to secure your place
- Refunds or credits will not be issued if you cancel
- Places will be allocated in order of receipt of completed booking form and payment
- Parents are not allowed to swap the day with other families or within the family
- Fees are due for your child/children even if sick or absent once you book the program
- CCB is paid up to only 30 allowable absence days for each child per financial year. Once your child has reached 30 allowable absence days, parents have to pay full fees
- Please prepare morning tea, lunch, and lots of water for your child/children. We provide afternoon tea.
- Please ensure that your child applies sunscreen before he/she arrives and brings his/her own hat every day
- Please let us know if there are any changes to your address, phone numbers, or other information.
If you want your children to be picked up by someone other than yourself, you need to give us written, signed and dated authorisation showing the name of the person picking up your child.
What to Bring
Backpack with morning tea, lunch, lots of drinks, hat, sunblock, raincoat / sweatshirt. Wear old clothes!
A different activity is planned for each day of Vacation Care.
Note: Excursions may be cancelled, swapped or altered without notice should weather or other factors demand.