Advice, Information and Referral Services
SHNC is now a community hub which means we are available to offer information, referral and other resources to the local community.
We are avaliable to assist you with accessing information you require. We offer quick and easy access to printed information or can help you access information on line. We are open for drop-in between 10am and 4pm Monday to Friday at our centre.
You can also access information via our web site or make use of our on line directory.
Information most often sort is :-
- Aged care services-(eg do you need help with your shopping, paying your bills, transport, respite, nursing homes)
- Children’s services - for children aged 0-12 years.
- Health services including Mental Health.
- Services for people from a Non- English Speaking Background (NESB).
- Services for younger people living with disabilities.
- Other community information.
We can assist individuals connect with appropriate services, community supports and informal social networks. We can actively help with referrals to other organiations by supporting people to make phone calls, sending fax messages to relevant serivces and discussing difficulties.
Are you having problems with a Government department such as Centrelink, the Department of Housing and so on? Are you in dispute with a non-government agency such as an Energy company or having a dispute with a neighbour?
If so we can organise for an agency or individual to act for you to assist you in making your case and having your rights upheld.
If you wish to speak to us please call or drop into the Centre.