If you run a community group or small business that needs space on a regular basis, and are interested in conducting your group meetings in the new Surry Hills Community Centre, please contact our administration officer, Victoria, on the above number. You can register your interest online by completing the form by clicking here. The SHNC evaluates each application on its merits, and reserves the right to decline any application.
All small businesses and community groups are welcome to apply, including
- Martial arts clubs
- AA and dependency rehabilitation meetings
- Literature clubs, poetry, book reading etc.
- Computer training courses
- Art and craft groups
- Music appreciation groups
- Dance clubs and classes
- Card playing groups
Several spaces are available with daytime bookings and evenings able to be accommodated. Leaders of groups or organisations renting space will be required to undertake an induction program (on access, security and safety in the Surry Hills Library and Community Centre) prior to commencing their activities.
The spaces available include:-
- Meeting Room able to seat 8-10 people around table, suitable for wet or dry activites
- Function Room can accommodate 80 people seated theatre style, or 48 seated around 8 tables. Can be divided into two, with separate AV facilities at either end.
- Computer Lab available for classes and activities, requiring group leaders authorised by the City of Sydney
Bookings and space are limited, so register your interest now!!!